An unannounced edition of Forbidden Questions was held today with the boobsilicious Ms. Ruffa Mae Quinto as the celebrity on the hot seat. Even Mojo and Grace were seemingly caught off guard by the change in plans but they gamely joined the Q&A.
Mo wisely lowered the listeners’ expectations of Ruffa Mae’s stint on FQ by saying that despite her unabashed roles in the movies and TV, Ruffa is actually very shy in person and is loathe to reveal very personal details…
He predicted a low score for her which proved prophetic…
Read on for the transcript and other extracts from today’s show:
With the assumption of President Obama of the presidency of the United States of America, former President George “Dubya” Bush is leaving a “legacy” of bumbling speeches and incoherent mumblings, officially known as Bushisms.
Jay Leno and other comedians had a field day with Bush precisely because of this… He will be missed, hehe…
Mo shared some soundbites of the most memorable gaffes of Dubya for our entertainment:
• “I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.” – September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.
• “Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?” – January 2000, during a campaign event in South Carolina.
• “They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the commander in chief, too.” – Sept. 26, 2001, in Langley, Virginia. Bush was referring to the terrorists who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks.
• “There’s no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail.” – Oct. 4, 2001, in Washington. Bush was remarking on a back-to-work plan after the terrorist attacks.
• “It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber.” – April 10, 2002, at the White House, as Bush urged Senate passage of a broad ban on cloning.
• “I want to thank the dozens of welfare-to-work stories, the actual examples of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves.” – April 18, 2002, at the White House.
• “There’s an old saying in Tennessee – I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee – that says, fool me once, shame on – shame on you. Fool me – you can’t get fooled again.” – Sept. 17, 2002, in Nashville, Tennessee.
• “Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.” – Aug. 5, 2004, at the signing ceremony for a defense spending bill.
• “Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across this country.” – Sept. 6, 2004, at a rally in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
• “Our most abundant energy source is coal. We have enough coal to last for 250 years, yet coal also prevents an environmental challenge.” – April 20, 2005, in Washington.
• “We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job.” – Sept. 20, 2005, in Gulfport, Mississippi.
• “I can’t wait to join you in the joy of welcoming neighbors back into neighborhoods, and small businesses up and running, and cutting those ribbons that somebody is creating new jobs.” – Sept. 5, 2005, when Bush met with residents of Poplarville, Mississippi, in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.
• “It was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship. After all, 60 years we were at war 60 years ago we were at war.” – June 29, 2006, at the White House, where Bush met with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.
• “Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die.” – Dec. 7, 2006, in a joint appearance with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
• “These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved.” – June 11, 2007, in Sofia, Bulgaria.
• “Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit.” – September 2007, in Sydney, Australia, where Bush was attending an APEC summit.
• “Thank you, Your Holiness. Awesome speech.” April 16, 2008, at a ceremony welcoming Pope Benedict XVI to the White House.
• “The fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there’s jobs at the machine-making place.” – May 27, 2008, in Mesa, Arizona.
• “And they have no disregard for human life.” – July 15, 2008, at the White House. Bush was referring to enemy fighters in Afghanistan.
• “I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office.” – June 26, 2008, during a Rose Garden news briefing.
• “Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people.” – July 4, 2008 in Virginia.
• “The people in Louisiana must know that all across our country there’s a lot of prayer – prayer for those whose lives have been turned upside down. And I’m one of them. It’s good to come down here.” – Sept. 3, 2008, at an emergency operations center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, after Hurricane Gustav hit the Gulf Coast.
• “This thaw – took a while to thaw, it’s going to take a while to unthaw.” Oct. 20, 2008, in Alexandria, Louisiana, as he discussed the economy and frozen credit markets.
Caller Maxene shared a story she had about a motorcylist who bumped her car’s side mirror as she was driving on her way to school… The guy didn’t even bother to stop and so she dropped the F*** bomb on him… Unfortunately, she dropped it on-air as well, hehe… Good thing Mo didn’t drop the phone on her…🙂
You might think that that’s the end of the story but before the guy sped off, Maxene uttered a silent prayer for the hit and run motorcyclist to have a nasty and unexpected surprise of his own…
Lo and behold, not a few hundred meters from where she was sideswiped, Maxene saw the self-same motorcyclist with his helmet off and lying motionless beside another car and his bike… Apparently, it was bumped by the car… Bystanders were saying the guy was probably dead due to the impact…
Mojo said it was karma…🙂
Mo said, yeah, the life of a man for a side mirror… Sounds like a fair deal…🙂
Seriously, I hope the guy’s okay even though I detest the undisciplined motorcyclists who weave in and out of traffic like they recently donned an invincibility cloak…🙂
What do you think? Karma or coincidence?
A caller asked Mojo why he hasn’t visited the QC Memorial circle recently… Mo couldn’t relate, hehe… For those who can’t either, the QC Memorial circle at night is a known hangout of hookers and gigolos… Just like Quezon Avenue, hehe…
Grace opined that the street behind her condo is where the action is… Somewhere at the end of Pearl Drive… She shared a story where she was scandalized by a (most probably) male prostitute, who suddenly crossed the street as she was driving along and started taking his shirt off for her delectation, hehe…
Poor Grace, her virgin eyes (oh well, I know, she’s no longer a virgin) were scandalized out of their sockets, hehe…
A caller asked for advice on whether it is possible for a male and a female to have a purely platonic friendship despite the fact that they’re married…
Mo was of the opinion that it was impossible but Grace countered that it was possible as long as they kept the meetings to public places and if you avoid being alone with the “friend”…
Caller said that her husband insisted on having drinking sessions with his ex-girlfriend almost every night and that he defended his position by saying that they were only friends and that nothing was happening between them…
Yeah, right and Mojo Jojo is straight…🙂
Wake up girl! Geez…
Forbidden Questions with Ruffa Mae Quinto
I’m sorry to say this but this has to be one of the most boring FQ’s we’ve had in a long while… I almost fell asleep typing the questions and answers, hehe… Anyway, I won’t elaborate, read for yourself…
Q. Worst thing done to a fan?
A. Snobbed a fan
Q. Worst thing done while drunk?
A. Made out with someone
Q. Have you ever cheated on a bf?
A. Yes, in my teens
Q. Who’s your lesbian crush?
A. Angelica Panganiban
Q. Have you ever had a one night stand?
A. No, never
Q. Who would you cut from Showbiz Central?
A. Mo Twister, hehe
Q. How old were you when you lost your virginity?
A. 18, hehe
Q. How far have you gone to check on a boyfriend?
A. Pager, lame…
Q. Who’s better in bed, Rudy Hatfield or Erik Santos?
A. Erik Santos… Props Erik… beating out a basketball player… I guess they’re not all they’re hyped to be…🙂
Q. Which local celebrity have flirted with you and tried to take you out but you turned down?
A. Mo Twister (although Mo denied this to death, hehe… ) I kind of believe Ruffa on this one… Mark Bautista
Q. Have you ever been offered an indecent proposal from someone?
A. House and lot plus Php50M, she got scared and ran, hehe
Q. Which one of your movies is your least favorite?
Q. Dare: Kiss Mojo Jojo…
Q. Celebrity email addresses…5 points
A. Erik – Lafeur@yahoo.com, DT – firstname.lastname@example.org, Sam Milby – email@example.com – I think I may have dozed off here, hehe… I didn’t get the other ones…
Q. In your honest opinion, is Erik Santos gay?
Q. Who’s better in bed, Dennis Trillo or Billy Crawford?
A. Taps out! Whispers the answer off air… Any guesses?
I didn’t even get the score, probably a weak 21 or 22…🙂
Anyway, that’s all for now guys!